Have you ever imagined that you could write for a website? Especially one as amazing as International Almere? Then we would LOVE to hear from you! We’re looking for people to write for our latest news page!
Becoming a featured writer for us is simple. We have a few guidelines to follow below, and if you have any queries, you can always use the contact form to talk to us about your great ideas.
Ideally, to be a featured writer for us, your article should be:
- Between 600-1000 words, well written and preferably original content. (That’s not saying that if you have written an awesome post for your own blog, we won’t consider it.)
- The subject must be relevant to people who are living either as an expat, immigrant, or other internationals in Almere, and the Netherlands. We welcome submissions about health care, family life, culture shock, humorous observations, etc. Your stories about living here are ideal!
- All submissions are subject to editing for content, spelling and grammatical errors, word count, etc. However, we won’t butcher your articles without letting you know!
- Quotes, data, and other third party data must be correctly attributed to the source. Plagiarism is not cool.
- If you’re submitting an article, please submit it in either HTML or a Word/Open Office Document. We’ll also need accompanying photographs! We would also love a 3-4 sentence biography, a picture of you, and a link to your website! (Also, we know you’re awesome. But save it for your author bio, not your article. 😉 )
- After you’ve submitted your article, it will take us a week or 2 to get it edited, prettied up and loaded onto the website. We’ll keep you updated on the whole process, and we’ll make sure you’re the first to know when your work goes live!
Got any more questions? Or maybe you’ve already got an awesome article itching to come out? Contact us below!!!